If you’re looking for your next challenge with a progressive UK manufacturer where you could really make your mark, then search no further. A market leader in our field and a rapidly growing company, we are always on the lookout for skilled talent to join our dynamic team.
Do you have a keen interest in agriculture and are passionate about conservation farming? Are you task-driven and take pride in your work? Whether you’re an expert in your specialist field or someone who is looking for their next step up, Mzuri may have the perfect career path for you.
If you think you have what it takes, we would love to hear from you.
Please note that due to a high number of applications, only candidates with the strongest relevant skills will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, we will contact you within 2 weeks from the date of your application.
Location: Based at our Pershore HQ
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours
Renumeration: Depending on the level of skills and experience
Our close knit and dynamic team at Mzuri have a permanent opportunity for a Design Engineer to join our fast-growing company.
Mzuri is an international leader in high quality British-designed and engineered agricultural machinery. Our innovative product range includes strip tillage and hedge cutting equipment, with a number of exciting new product developments planned for the future. The business is growing rapidly and going from strength to strength thanks to our reputation for innovative, high quality products and excellence in customer service.
Ideally suited for an agricultural university graduate with a degree in Mechanical Engineering, this is a key role within the company where you will have significant input into new product design and development. It offers exciting career outlook for the right candidate, with ample opportunities to develop your skills and progress within the company as it grows.
Working closely with New Product Development, Production and Sales departments to bring world-leading innovative products to market.
Duties will include:
• 3D modelling and technical drawings for fabrications
• Working in Solidworks on new and existing product developments and jig designs
• Close collaboration with Sales and Production departments to deliver timely and solid solutions
• Supplier selection and liaison to select and design best suited components and bespoke machinery components
• Prototype testing
• Creating and updating operation manuals and parts books
• Technical support to customers and the sales team
• Product research
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
• Strong understanding of agricultural mechanical engineering
• Good working knowledge of Solidworks and Microsoft Office
• Ability to produce diagrams
• Good understanding of hydraulics and electrics
• Enthusiastic, highly motivated and creative; hands-on approach and a can-do, positive attitude
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
• High attention to detail
• Previous manufacturing experience is not essential as full training will be provided
• Background or experience in agricultural machinery is preferable but not essential
• Tractor and telehandler licence would be advantageous
Why should you join Mzuri?
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Become a key player within our friendly, collaborative team
• Become part of a proud British brand that is synonymous with high quality and innovation
• Highly competitive package, including company pension contribution
• Enjoy a beautiful, rural setting